- $73.6 million in TIF financing for Gallery Place
Carmen Group worked with Western Development to create a Downtown Taskforce and engage DC government on a major urban revitalization project. We helped draft the city’s TIF law and implement the first significant use of TIF financing for the comprehensive multi-use development that has led to the revitalization of downtown Washington.
PN Hoffman/Madison Marquette
- $198 million in TIF/Pilot financing
- $1.5 billion approval of Land Development Agreement
- A restructuring of the development program mix to accommodate current financial markets
Carmen Group helped the developer strategically shape the Southwest Waterfront project to align with city goals and advanced it through multiple rounds of authorizations and a changing city administration to the final stage of city council approval, including securing the largest TIF/Pilot financing in city history. In addition, Carmen Group secured an unprecedented change to the affordable housing requirements for the Project through a change to local law and an amendment to the Project’s Land Disposition Agreement.
- $21,000,000 Revenue Bonds from the District on schedule
- $2,000,000 Transportation Appropriation for the Foxhall Road Safety Reconstruction Project
Carmen Group worked with Field School and the DC government to expedite the Council’s consideration revenue bonds supporting the school’s new campus. We created a strategy for executing infrastructure improvements the school was committed to and helped secure federal transportation funding. We worked with the school and their construction manager to manage all necessary permits and keep the project on schedule.
Old Convention Center—Related Companies
Carmen Group advocated for the developer after a flawed municipal bidding procedure and secured compensation for all effort expended.