The Tax Practice creates value for our clients by applying Carmen Group’s Proven Process to achieve superior client results. Our tax experts work with client goals and utilize our in-depth knowledge of federal programs, regulatory structures, and legislation to develop a unique Strategic Plan. Integral to the plan are insights on strategic opportunities in the tax field given regulatory trends and legislative initiatives. Our goal is Return-On-Investment for the client.
We implement a mutually agreed upon Tactical Plan recognizing the Congressional timelines, Administration budget development deadlines, and regulatory processes. The Execution stage focuses the client’s unique strengths and capabilities to demonstrate the need for Congressional or Administration action. The client’s time is valuable, and the Carmen Group’s years of experience with the House and Senate Leadership, the House Ways and Means and Senate Finance Committees and the Treasury Department, Internal Revenue Service and White House enables us to mobilize action to the most appropriate and effective decision-makers.
In the Delivery Stage, we ensure our client’s goal is in the right place to accomplish their goals, drawing on resources throughout the firm to engage the highest levels in Congress and the Administration. All the groundwork established during the plan is intensified to ensure the amendment is adopted, the provision is included, or the regulation is issued correctly.
Finally, we follow through to make certain that legislative changes are implemented, regulations are issued, and that they are compatible with achieving the client’s goal. The final day of the Congressional session is not the final day of work for the client, but rather the opportunity to create effective future client positioning, and explore avenues to achieve client goals.
Carmen Group’s Proven Process for accomplishing Tax client goals includes:
- Focusing the client’s unique expertise to open strategic opportunities
- Aligning client expertise with federal goals to create win-win scenarios
- Positioning the client’s goal in the legislative or administrative process with the greatest opportunity for success
- Guiding tactical efforts to key decision-makers within appropriate timelines
- Developing alliances to strengthen client positioning, both in the government and the private sector
- Pursuing all effective paths to accomplish the client’s goal