State Department of Transportation
- $25 million in appropriations.
- Rebuilt interstates and arterial roads.
- Approval of $100 million for major bridge.
Carmen Group helped this state significantly increase its annual transportation allocations. We developed targeted strategies that won additional program funding as well as earmarks for numerous highway and road projects. We also assisted transit agencies in both urban and rural settings and helped the state secure innovative financing for construction of a major interstate bridge.
Suburban Commuter Rail System
- $270 million in transportation appropriations in six years.
- $3 million in Homeland Security grants.
- Three Full Funding Grants Agreements (FFGAs) in one year.
- Five “New Starts” projects authorized in SAFETEA-LU
Carmen Group worked with the state's Congressional delegation to assemble a strong support coalition for the nation's largest suburban commuter rail system. We helped secure an unprecedented three full-funding grant agreements in a single year. We maintained momentum to complete current major projects, while introducing new projects. Our efforts also helped secure the Homeland Security Department's second highest grant award for transit system security enhancements.
State Transit Coalition
- $13.2 million in appropriations over four years.
Carmen Group helped win significant federal funding for a statewide coalition of small to mid-size bus operators. We helped build support through the state's Congressional delegation to secure appropriations for new bus equipment, facilities, maintenance and operating expenses.
- Over $200 million in infrastructure funding.
- Permanently enhanced transportation system.
Carmen Group coordinated an immense effort to improve transportation infrastructure for the host state of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. We worked closely with the state's Congressional delegation to win significant new federal funding for highway and transit projects. The strategy involved the inclusion of special security components - including modern intelligent transportation systems and facilities - in all projects and their coordination with Federal security agencies and officials.
Stormwater Pipe Manufacturer
- Elimination of outdated regulations hindering competition and cost-savings, thus opening up significant new client market opportunities.
Carmen Group identified regulatory obstacles hindering competition and cost-effective solutions in highway drainage applications. We secured legislation to fix the problem. We helped convinced a major Federal agency to make the necessary regulatory changes and worked with the agency as the new regulations were finalized and implemented. In the process, we built bipartisan multi-state support coalitions in Congress to help advance these initiatives.
Retail Chain Store
- Carmen Group helped secure passage of a key legislative provision on Interstate highway signage and issuance of a Department of Transportation regulatory change that opened up new market opportunities for a whole class of retail operators in one industry.
Carmen Group crafted and implemented the public interest strategy and tactical plan to build a successful multi-state bipartisan support coalition in Congress and then worked with key federal agency officials to get the regulatory job completed in an expeditious timeframe. The campaign also involved lining up key support from multiple private and public sector entities that helped influence agency decision-making.